Monday, October 5, 2015

Chou Chou - I Love You Toothy Tabs - Lush

Toothpaste? In tablet form? Are you mad? No minty freshness? Not a gel? No toothpaste tube? Say what??

Okay, so maybe it was more curiosity that attracted me to this product than anything else. But it definitely surprised me. 

Together with deodorant, cruelty free toothpaste is something I struggle to wrap my head around. We get so conditioned to that tube of minty goo that its difficult to imagine any other route to demolish morning breath. 

What you receive when you purchase this product is a small cardboard box that reminds me of a mint container. Sliding it open you discover the tablets.(Yes, they do look like something that Grandpa would use to clean his dentures.) What intrigued me about this specific product in the Lush toothpaste range is the fact that it contains Rose Oil. The gentle scent of roses is very subtle but surprisingly appealing. 
When using the toothy tabs, the idea is to break up the tablet between your front teeth, then to wet your toothbrush with water and brush. The result is something that might cause a farmer to shoot you. It foams. A lot. I was between horror and insane amusement the first time I tried a tablet. The taste reminded me a bit of stale Turkish Delights. My brain was rather confused. However, I could not complain with the outcome. My teeth felt clean and my mouth strangely fresh. It didn't aggravate my sensitive gums as much as normal toothpaste. 
Because it is a pricey product compared to traditional toothpaste I don't use it every day, but rather for those special occasions. The rosy foam experience is something I got used to in  a short time. To be honest, if I could use Toothy Tabs every day I definitely would. 

I only have two problems with the product. Firstly, when it gets damp it loses some of its oomph. For obvious reasons this is a bit of a problem for a product that is kept in a bathroom. Second is the packaging. It is sometimes a bit difficult to get the tablets out of the container. Especially when you add the damp problem. Somehow I keep thinking that a refillable tin would possibly be more functional than the cardboard container. 

These deceptive little tablets definitely pack a punch when it comes to freshness. At R49.50 for a 20g box it is unfortunately a bit pricey, but totally worth it when you only use the Toothy Tabs every now and then. 

https://www.lush.co.za/shop/product/product/path/224_262/id/1298/FACE-Teeth-Chou-Chou---I-Love-You-Tabs


No comments:

Post a Comment