Saturday, June 24, 2017

Gluki Organics Lip Balm

The Gluki Organics Lip Balm formed part of a set of items I was lucky enough to win with a Life Retreat online competition in  2016. The Gluki range of products are both Cruelty Free as well as organic certified! 

The Lip Balm consists of a small tube of lip balm, with a screw on lid. Mine came packaged in a small sleek box.

At first I was very reluctant to stick the little tube in my handbag. After all, my previous experience with these types of containers were that they would leak once it gets hot, leaving my entire handbag a sticky mess. I am impressed to say that this packaging is about as secure as a bomb shelter. I had this in my various handbags right through the hottest parts of summer. Lets face it, 2017 was a scorcher! If it survived through the multiple heatwaves you can be guaranteed that this tube is safe, secure and leak proof.

The actual products is a cream, unlike solid chap sticks. It is a creamy white in color, something I attribute to the Mafura Butter in the product. I quite like the natural color.

The balm itself includes Shea Butter, a fantastic ingredient for collagen regeneration and skin protection. The Mafura Butter is amazing as it moisturizes without clogging pores. It also has wonderful Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Bacterial properties. 

From my experience, the balm goes on smooth, to form a protective, moisturizing layer. Due to the inclusion of Stevia it does have a sweet taste. Some individuals claim that it has a bitter aftertaste, but I have not had that experience. Personally I find it quite lovely. 

During the insane summer heat the ingredients do tend to separate to form an oily layer on top. In the colder parts of winter the balm is a bit hard, which makes it difficult to apply. However, both of these problems can be resolved by massaging the tube a bit so that the ingredients mix. 

All in all I absolutely love this product. Its gentle on my sensitive skin, moisturizing and smells absolutely delicious. 

You can buy the Lip Balm directly from the Faithful to Nature or Life Retreat for approximately R65.00. 

https://www.faithful-to-nature.co.za/gluki-mom-s-lip-balm

https://www.liferetreat.co.za/

Photo by Gluki Organics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment