Sunday, January 31, 2016

Vanishing Cream - Lush

The Vanishing cream was part of the testers I received when I made my Lush purchase in 2015. As I was concentrating more on the full products I purchased I left these for last. I should have known better!

I'm not fond of moisturizers. My skin is possessed by the demons of a thousand angry wasps. There is a 90% guarantee that applying any standard moisturizer would lead to those wasps becoming angry. Really really angry. Thus I approached the little pot of cream with trepidation. 

The Shea Butter scent put me off. It reminds me of stale vomit.  The smell meant I put off testing the cream even longer than intended.
It surpassed all my expectations. My possessed demon skin was soothed, calmed and quite angelic! It has to be the impressive formulation of ingredients that make my skin so happy. The combination of Shea Butter, Linseed, Rose Water, Lavender Honey Water, Grapeseed Oil, Honey and Witch Hazel to name a few, means that the most foul tempered skin is calmed down within seconds of application. 

The Fair Trade Shea Butter means that you can tame your skin while soothing your conscience. The low fat formulation leads to a gentle application that doesn't linger around as an oily mess. Perfect for problem skin. 

The only heartbreaking thing about this little container of moisturizer is the price. My small tester container lasted me a week, with careful application. At R345.00 for a 45g tub of Vanishing Cream I shall just cry quietly into my pillow. With the impressive list of ingredients and the effect it has on sensitive skin I suppose I can't be too upset, it is quite obvious that it would cost an arm or a leg. It might just be worth it to sell a limb for this! 

https://www.lush.co.za/shop/product/product/id/502/keyword/vanishing+cream/vanishing-cream

2 comments:

  1. What a pity that it is (as I think) not available in my part of Europe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From which area are you, as far as I know Lush is available in most of Europe. :)

      Delete